SAAB R5 TENDER TRACKING SYSTEM
ULTIMATE COMBINATION OF SAFETY, SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Modern super yachts are increasingly likely not to be sailing by themselves. In order to support a luxurious and secluded life on-board, there often are accompanying vessels and possibly a helicopter. This turns the super yacht into a small fleet of its own that needs to be managed. Saab has enhanced a tried and true technology for tracking ships called AIS to create an innovative Tender Tracking System (TTS) that will help in managing your personal fleet in a way that is both secure and private.
AIS enhances situational awareness for nearby vessels by broadcasting information such as vessel name and position. This is a useful basis for tracking your own assets, and the TTS taps into the power of AIS to achieve that, without broadcasting your own information to the rest of the world. This is done by transmitting information over a separate encrypted channel that only transponders you authorize can decode.
FULLY MODULAR SOLUTION
The Tender Tracking System allows a wide variety of configurations. On board of the main ship multiple displays can provide a comprehensive overview to staff and passengers as needed. The system supports any size of fleet.
- Full view of both open AIS and private position reports of nearby vessels in all visibility conditions
- Determine estimated time of arrival of you support assets
- Panic button
- Possibility to exchange encrypted text messages with authorized receivers
- Tender depth reporting
- Perfect fit for environments where cybersecurity is essential
- See without being seen
- Proven state-of-the-art solution originating from law enforcement and defence applications
- Easy to install and maintain
- Option for highly reliable and accurate positioning with advanced R5 NAV module